Posted 11th October 2015 By: para
Since launching two months ago we’ve continued behind the scenes to work round the clock. This is still a weekends and evening job to keep the site running smoothly until we can afford to go full-time on it. Our priorities for the time since launch has been a mixture of bug fixing and introducing the early new features to help bulk out the premium package.
There were a few inevitable bugs which we’d not spotted in testing but so far there’s been nothing major. With the server and subscriptions all stable, we’ve been a little more free to experiment.
The updates listed below might not be new to everyone, this covers all the site changes over the past few weeks.
New / Major updates:
– New homepage slider
– Added basic blog functionality
– New homepage design
– New premium upgrade page
– Odds display section added to match template
– New Betway odds added to odds section
– Idle checking js added to only update live odds when user is active
– API caching added for lounge match stats
– Odds API fixed, all games should have live lounge odds
– Reformatted the match stats blocks into a more cohesive stats section
– All matches which are live but don’t haev a prediction are now visible to logged in users to view the stats / form guides
– New sitewide footer
– Added ‘past matchups’ to form guide to show the results from the last two matches the same teams played each other.
– Added filter for the previous advice page to select premium or free matches
– New livechat system
– Added more detailed premium upgrade notices
– Added prompts to the user that their account will expire soon
– Added premium star to past match list
– New sticky nav on the match page for easier switch between functionality
Behind the scenes
– added AdRotate blocks to handle any direct sales banner advertising
– Optimizations of the matches api, only a smaller segment is now handled which should have a small impact on speed
– tweaks to the match api section
– Cleaned up some dev code in the cron jobs
– Predictor dashboard limited to 10 days
– Membership area now differentiates between expired and never paid
– Added banner ad group throughout
– Reintroduced the team stats api updates which killed the previous server… 😀
– Added sexy background on premium matches
– Updated the form guide fixed draws showing as losses
– Restyled form guide
– Added in option for draw as a betting odds value
– Social links in header now open in a new tab
– Basic pricing marker added to premium upgrade page.
– general styling amends to the match page
– Fixes made to handle odds for draws
– Tidied up the new odds section
– odds graph sizing adjusted
– Premium upgrade page widths adjusted
– Footer tidy
– Fixed bug with the new lounge match list
– Ton of css fixes and tweaks
– Added link to login page in footer and header of site
– Tweaked the premium upgrade text
– Added animation behind premium upgrade footer
Site now under new ownership
Tipify is a fantasy betting system, anyone can place a bet for free. Whoever makes the most profit appears in the Top Tipster Leader Board.
Join Tipify to see the bets placed by the top tipsters and use this information to help your own betting.
We're looking for the best eSport bettors, is that you?
Recent betting tips posted by tipsters currently in profit
If you have a popular website, stream or group. You could earn rewards from every person you refer.
Use the contact us form and let us know what you can offer?
When you first start out you’ll be tempted to try to bet as frequently as possible, don’t. Wait for matches with good odds where you or the predictors know the teams. Never force yourself to bet, bet on matches that you are confident in. You may go days or weeks without placing a bet, you’re not in a rush, wait for bets you are comfortable and confident in and profit should follow.
If there’s any uncertainty, don’t place a bet. Save your skins for another day. There will be plenty of other matches that you can bet on.
Betting is always risky, that’s unavoidable. But staying inside a ‘safe zone’ will help cover you off from some really silly bets. When starting out with a low inventory, large bets placed on matches with 80%+ odds aren’t going to return much in general (on lounge, even less due to the inconsistent returns) but you’re still risking a large amount of your inventory for very little.
Equally, odds below 30% sound very, very attractive with huge returns possible. But if you don’t know the teams or all the details, it’s very possible the team doesn’t stand any chance. If you think there might be a chance, reduce the size of the stake or consider an ICB.
Always bet with a percentage of your inventory. Think, what happens if you lose an ‘All in’ bet, do you stop betting for the rest of your life, or just get your wallet out and go again? You may think there’s no risk, however there is always risk. If you’re placing a high bet, stick to an absolute maximum of 20% of your betting inventory.
Always leave enough to bet another day.
If you’re feeling angry or frustrated, your judgement get’s very cloudy. You’ll make a stupid bet and lose. If you just lost a big bet or are on a losing streak, instead of trying to force a bet, you should take a step back, calm down and just take a break, come back refreshed with a fresh mindset.
Betting blind is a purely relying on luck, if the underdog odds are 30%, that definitely doesn’t mean the team has a 30% chance of winning. It just means 30% of the betting community chose that team. A late roster change could mean there’s zero chance for the team to win. Check in with our predictions to help give you some more background on the game.
Use the lounge odds tracker to predict the final odds as the start of the match get’s closer. If the odds are increasing/decreasing for the team you intend to bet on the return may not outweigh the risk anymore. A huge significant switch of odds at the last moment may mean that something shady is going on, mostly in very low tier games, or a sudden announcement, E.g standin may have occurred.
Bookies will put up their odds based on their own expectations, as the bets start coming in they'll tweak the odds to ensure it's still profitable for them. That early stage is key to getting an edge on the bookies.
As soon as you feel like you have to bet again to recoup loses, you’ll feel compelled to make bigger bets with bigger risks. This often starts an endless cycle driving your losses further and further. Instead, after a big loss, take a day off from betting (or a week if was really big). .Keep to the proper bet sizing based on the risk of the match no matter what. You are not in a race to win it back, just take it easy.
Do not blindly follow betting site odds and think that they are correct to the true odds. If a betting site has ‘Team A’ as a heavy favorite, it does not always mean that it’s an easy win for ‘Team A’.
SK beat Na’Vi… Na’Vi beat E-Frag. That means SK can beat E-Frag now, right? No.
There are many factors which contribute to the team winning a match, these factors such as player performance, map selection, strategy and tactics which may not apply to other teams.