Valve Relaunches The Iconic MP5-SD For CSGO
Posted 24th August 2018 By: Derpina    41 Views
Esports News – As part of a new patch update this August, Valve added the well-loved MP5-SD gun into the game as an alternative to the MP7. It isn’t exactly a new weapon as the gun was one of the most used SMGs in the original Counter-Strike 1.6, and many claim that it is the most versatile and iconic gun Valve ever created for the game.
MP5-SD for CSGO
The new version of MP5-SD is slightly similar to the old one, but now comes with an integrated suppressor and 30 ammo and 120 more in reserve. More than that, players can also hide their location without running out of bullets. The introductory price is $1500, but it can go higher or lower in the future. If we are to compare it with the UMP, it deals less damage but possesses faster fire-rate and better recoil control. Overall, we can say that it is a much better Submachine gun for anti-eco rounds as it allows players to have better movement speed in short range fights against Glocks.
Overall, the new MP5-SD is not something you should use in competitive matchmaking right away, and there are no announcements yet if they will allow players to use it in professional CSGO matches. Game updates always need a more time to complete so Valve, as one of the biggest game developers and digital distribution companies in the world, is keen not to make the same mistake they did before when they brought Revolver to the game. For now, the MP5-SD can be used for testing offline in your MP7 loadout slot and in official casual and deathmatch servers of CSGO. It can be used in second rounds after winning a pistol round and after resets in anti-eco rounds to boost your economy, but it is not viable in long-range fights. Riffles would always come out on top in terms of long-range shooting.
See the list below for the full patch update:
- A completely revamped MP5-SD available for testing Offline and in Official Casual and Deathmatch servers. It can be equipped in your MP7 loadout slot.
- All lobbies advertised to nearby players and Steam Groups members will now expire after 5 minutes of the lobby leader’s inactivity.
- From the permissions dialogue, there’s a new way to start advertising single-user lobbies to nearby players and Steam Groups members.
- Panorama UI is now available on Windows XP and Windows Vista game clients.
- Players can now send a Steam message to recent teammates using new Steam chat
- Spectator HUD elements now follow the cl_drawhud setting.
- A new MP7 walk-up animation.
- Inclusion of field “round_totaldmg” to track total damage the player dealt.
- Added normal maps to Desert Eagle | Code Red and P90 | Traction
- More accurate downloads in Perfect World CSGO game client
- Updated “cs:go.exe” with trigger warnings in some anti-virus packages. It may now require users to manually change their AV software settings to execute updates correctly.